Teachers Resource Center
- ARKive Gallery of endangered species photos & video
- Film Library (discount for teachers)
- Toolkit (includes: posters, activity book, masks, passports, bookmarks, letters to the editor, Endangered Species Day stickers, etc.)
Teaching resources for 11-14 year-olds, from ARKive:
- Teacher’s Forum (below)
- Video: Dave Cox, a biology teacher at Land Community College, Springfield, Ill., shares his experiences teaching endangered species conservation.
- Video: Diane Bentivegna and the students of Woodmere Middle School’s Class 7A created the video, “Voice of Youth: “Protect the Endangered Species Act”.
- Article: Illinois High School science teacher Paul Ritter incorporated endangered turtles into his class’ curriculum.
- Article: “Bringing Endangered Species to the Classroom”—an article from the May, 2011 issue of The American Biology Teacher, featuring of suggestions for biology, ecology, conservation and other educators.
Biology, science, ecology and other instructors are encouraged to share their classroom techniques for teaching students about endangered species. In addition, please share your special resources (a book, website, etc.) and questions about endangered species education.