The Endangered Species Coalition leads the grassroots movement to protect threatened and endangered species and to defend the Endangered Species Act. We boldly confront threats to wildlife and wild places. We protect and restore biodiversity and seek to ensure its benefits are shared equitably by all communities. What sets ESC apart is that we are a force of genuine collaboration, long-term movement building, and innovation. We are a convener of more than 400 conservation, community, humane, science, faith, sporting, and other groups, along with more than 600,000 individuals. We use our decades of expertise to empower, strategically coordinate, and lift up those member groups and voices around the common goal of saving species. We believe that power is an abundant resource that grows as it is shared; by empowering other organizations and individuals, we empower ourselves and build a true movement for biodiversity justice.
The Activist Training Lab Fellow will provide support for the Activist Training Lab. The Activist Training Lab is a set of training programs, resources, and coaching and mentoring services for organizations and individuals in biodiversity conservation who want to build the fundamental skills of grassroots organizing. The Activist Training Lab helps organizations and individuals launch strategic grassroots campaigns and win those campaigns; we are building power and increasing the effectiveness of the movement for conservation and biodiversity justice. The Fellow will have a unique opportunity to help direct and expand this successful grassroots organizing training program. The Fellow will work with and report to the National Grassroots Organizer.
Timeline: September 15th – December 15th
Hours: Three month fellowship at 20 hours/week
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Help write, produce, film, and edit training videos that cover grassroots organizing skills and theories
- Publish and promote engagement with training videos through YouTube, social media channels, and other platforms
- Assist in developing an outreach and branding strategy for the video training course
- Assist with long-term planning and curriculum development for the video training course
- Collaborate with the National Grassroots Organizer to design and facilitate grassroots organizing training sessions
- Research grassroots organizing topics and identify useful resources
- Assist with long-term planning and curriculum development for courses and workshops
- Build relationships with Endangered Species Coalition member groups and partner organizations; build relationships with new partners
- Identify and implement outreach strategies to engage organizations and individuals in the Activist Training Lab’s courses, workshops, and coaching program
- Help ensure the Activist Training Lab is as just, equitable, and accessible as possible and that diverse individuals within the conservation community are able to participate in the program
- Provide support by tracking participation, creating documents, and distributing course materials
- Assist with email, social media and written communications
- Schedule and coordinate trainings and workshops; manage training logistics
(You do not need to have all of these to apply.)
- Grassroots organizing or campaign experience
- Experience facilitating, teaching, training, or coaching
- Curriculum development experience
- Experience with community engagement, outreach, or recruitment
- Filmmaking and video editing experience
- Experience producing content for YouTube or managing a YouTube channel
- Graphic design experience
- Knowledge of or experience with branding and marketing
Desired Skills & Qualities
- Awareness of and interest in endangered species and environmental/biodiversity justice issues
- A strong commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships and communicate effectively with people from diverse political and social backgrounds.
- Analyze, synthesize, and summarize information for a wide variety of audiences.
- Write and speak effectively, and communicate openly and honestly.
- Work remotely, via email, video, and conference calls.
- Self-starter with a flexible nature who knows when to seek direction.
- Creative thinker — possess the ability to think strategically and in innovative ways to identify new opportunities and solve problems.
- Culturally aware — work equitably and inclusively with individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures and be respectful of others’ opinions, positions, and differences.
- Competent with basic Google products (Gmail, Drive, Calendar).
Please send your Resume, cover letter and at least three references to [email protected]